The Google Analytics 4 Deadline is Here
What You Should Have Done (already) to Ensure Data Integrity:
- Set Up a Google Analytics 4 Property
- Compared Variances in Channels and Traffic vs. Google Analytics 3 (UA)
- Created a Purchase Event
- Added Referral Exclusions
- Built Reports
- Set Expectations Internally
Be Ready for Changes!
- New features are coming rapidly. This includes the re-introduction of bounce rate, custom reports (although we hope for more control and improvement), custom channel groupings, shopping funnel reports and referral exclusions.
- We are hoping that real-time revenue reporting (without BigQuery), Annotations, Global Filters, Drill Down and Weekly/Monthly Aggregated Data are coming soon.
What is Google Analytics 4?
It is Google’s new analytics platform.
Why is Google making this change?
To better manage privacy and modernize their analytics platform.
Will my GA3 data stop tracking?
Yes, you read that correctly. It stopped tracking on July 1, 2023.
Will my GA3 data be lost?
Yes, although no firm deadline has been set, the expectation is Dec 31, 2023. We highly recommend making a visual screen recording and backing up the data in a data warehouse.
Can SkyDiamond help me?
Yes, SkyDiamond can help you with setting up and optimizing your Google Analytics 4 property, creating custom reports, and ensuring data integrity. Most importantly, we can make your GA4 dashboard look and feel like GA3. This has been the #1 thing that has relieved stress for our clients. Contact SkyDiamond for more information and assistance.